Monday 16 August 2010

so here we go with colour !











I did much of this work early on before being able to get hold of a copy of Itten so it is helpful to look at my comments under Itten in Bibliography 1 and under Menz in bibliography 2





I just realise how conscious I need to be about the effect and use of colour in terms of shape space emotion as well as shadow and whether some realistic interpretation of colour is being aimed at.




Because I have worked with dyes for some years I found creating colour wraps easier by creating my own rainbow dyed samples of merino wool and silk. The idea of taking a source image and breaking it down by studying colour has been a great help to me.





I am fascinated by the idea of coloured shadows and would like to return to this idea again.






My first ever watercolour still life (so sorry )but at least a friend thought it might be fruit !























No comments: